If you are someone who wants to visit India for business purposes from USA then business visa is the first thing you are going to need firstly. Visa is basically a travel document and it stands for Visitors international stay admission. Now let us specify Business Visa specifically, it is an appropriate visa for a variety of business-related activities such as attending a conference, business meetings and several other purposes, but not for conducting business. There are some formalities that it requires. Besides that not everyone is eligible for business visa. Check your eligibility, about validity of business Visa and conditions about granting business Visa here.
Eligibility of Business Visa
India Business Visa is provided to the following types of foreign individuals:
- First of all, foreign nationals who are visiting India to establish an industrial/business venture
- Or to foreigners visiting India to explore possibilities to set up industrial/business venture in India.
- Foreigners coming to India to buy/sell industrial/commercial products or consumer durables
- Foreigners coming to India for technical meetings/discussions, attending Board meetings, general meetings for providing business services support.
- Someone coming to India for recruitment of manpower
- Foreign nationals who are partners in the business and/or functioning as Directors in the company are also eligible to apply for a business visa.
- Foreigners who are coming to India for consultations regarding exhibitions, for participation in exhibitions, trade fairs or business fairs can apply for business visa in India.
- Besides that foreign buyer who comes to execute business with suppliers/potential suppliers at a location in India, to evaluate or monitor quality, give specifications, place orders, negotiate further supplies, etc., relating to goods or services procured from India.
- Foreigner coming to India for pre-sales activity not amounting to actual execution of any contract or project
- Besides that trainees of MNCs/corporate houses coming for in-house training in the regional hubs of the concerned company located in India.
- Any student who is sponsored by AIESEC for internship on project-based work in companies/industries.
- Senior executives of firms, experts, tour conductors, and travel agents, etc., visiting India in connection with work related to projects of national importance, including those undertaken by public sector undertakings, and conducting business tours of foreigners or business relating to it, etc.
- Any individual or coaches including those engaged in commercial sports event in India on contract with remuneration.
Documents Required for Business Visa
- First of all original passport and one photocopy of passport information and signature page is required.
- After that, the passport must be signed, valid for 6 months beyond stay in India, with at least two blank passport pages available for India visa stamps.
- Next, a visa application form that is completed online is required.
- One recent 2*2 passport size colored photograph, with a plain/white background is required. The applicant should not have worn specs or sunglasses in the photos.
- Certificate of Incorporation is also required for the Business Visa.
- A letter of invitation on company letterhead from the sponsoring company in India is also required.
- A Business Cover Letter from the employer or sponsoring company in the United States, on company letterhead is also required.
- Proof of State Residency is also required.
Visit this link for application.
Duration & Validity of Business Visa
- The duration of stay for each visit can be a maximum of up to 6 (SIX) months from the date of entry.
- Besides that, a Business Visa is generally issued with Multiple Entry endorsement.
- US Passport Holders can apply for a business visa of 1, 5 or 10-year duration.
- Business Visa is valid from the date of visa issuance and NOT from the date of entry into India.
Conditions of Granting Business Visa
Business Visa is granted subject to the following conditions:
- The applicant should be a person of assured financial standing.
- The applicant should have expertise in the field of the intended business.
- The candidate must not be visiting India for the business of money lending or petty trading.
- The applicant should not be coming to India for full-time employment in India involving payment of salary in India etc.
- The applicant should/must comply with all other requirements like payment of tax liabilities.
- Besides that, the granting of a Business Visa is subject to any instructions issued by the Government of India on the basis of reciprocity with other foreign countries from time to time.
Extension in Visa
- If the Business Visa is granted to you is for a period less than 5 years then it can be extended up to a maximum period of 5 years subject to following conditions
- The gross sales/turnover from your business activities, for which the foreigner has been granted the visa, should be Rs. 1 crore or more than that per annum (to be archived within 2 years of setting up the business)
- Ministry of Home Affairs will grant the first extension of the Business Visa.
- If a further extension is required, it may be granted by the State Governments/UT administrations/FRRS/FROs on a year-to-year basis subject to good conduct, production of necessary documents in support of continued business activity and no adverse inputs, security-related or otherwise, about the foreigner.
- In case the extension of the visa is denied, the foreigner shall leave India forthwith on the expiry of the period of validity of the visa.
Business Visa Cost
Here we are giving the approx. idea of Business Visa cost to India
|Type||Processing Time||Cost (Approx)|
|Standard Processing||Within 5 Days||USD127-USD147|
|Rush Processing||72 Hours||USD157-USD177|
|Super Rush Processing||48 Hours||USD192-USD212|
These were some important things about Business Visa application in India. Read thoroughly for convenience and then apply to avoid other issues.