Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy – Refund Status, Rebooking & More!
One of the worst things attached to air travel is the process of cancellation. Travelers don’t want to lose their money just because they are canceling their tickets. Every passenger may have experienced incidents like cancellations, delays, interruptions, and others.
If you are facing this problem for the first time as a first-time traveler, then your condition can go a little worse as you have very little idea of the best option attached to the same.
Type of Cancellations:
Usually, there are two types of cancellations in the case of airline tickets.
Canceled by the Airline:
There can be several reasons why an Airline has to cancel a flight. Some of them are:
- Bad weather conditions that can otherwise lead to accidents,
- Security reasons such as a security threat, sudden trouble with the country where the flight was about to fly, or so on.
- A technical or mechanical glitch that needs to be rectified,
- Issues such as a missing flight or the crew not bring ready
Though these are some of the most basic and common reasons for airlines canceling flights, there can be many other reasons too as and when required.
Canceled by the Passenger:
The second type is when the passengers cancel their flight tickets on their own due to several reasons such as a trip being canceled, sudden change in plan, or so on.
Whatever is the reason for the cancellation, this is for sure that the passengers have to face trouble in different ways. If the airline has canceled your flight and you have an important meeting to attend, it can definitely create a panic situation for you. Similarly, if you have planned a vacation a long time ago and now you have to cancel your tickets for some reason, you still face the pain of financial loss as flight tickets do not come that cheap, unless and until you have not bought options such as Cathay Pacific cheap flights.
But the good news is that you can manage such a situation quite efficiently if you are aware of some of the terms of the Cathay Pacific cancellation policy.
Here we are discussing some of the basic terms attached to the cancellation process of airlines which will give you some sort of idea and help you take effective steps in the same situation.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy:
As per the Cathay Pacific 24-hour cancellation policy, you need to get aware of the following stuff:
With the help of the refund process of Cathay, you can cancel the reservations within 24 hours and get back the full refund. After that, you can make the booking within 7 days or earlier before departure via the internet.
In any case, you miss your incoming flight due to any delay or mechanical problems, then you must be aware of the following rules:
- You can easily make changes to your next flight or even rebook these without any fee.
- You can also get a refund for your ticket if you don’t want to fly.
- You can also re-route to your respective destination through another carrier.
- If the waiting time is more, then the airline can also provide you hotel accommodation and transport to and from the hotel at the discounted rates.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation Fees:
In case, you have any plan to make changes in your departure date or time on a Saver ticket; then you may need to pay a Flight Change Fee. Usually, the amount of the same depends on the departure and arrival point. You can find out this amount by entering your route.
How to Cancel The Cathay Pacific Tickets?
You may find the fee and penalties attached to the cancellation process quite high. But in this case; in situations like a death of a family member or if some urgent work comes suddenly, you can surely get a discount on fares. You have to show the certificate or any solid proof to the airline to get the relaxation.
You can cancel the flight ticket with the help of different options. This will save you from a high cancellation fee. There might not be any fee if the cancellation happens very close to the time of Cathay Pacific flights booking.
Cancel Flight Tickets Online:
Just by clicking on the Cathay Pacific “Manage Booking” button on the website, you can make alterations to your reservation. All you need to do is to fill in the ticket number and the last name on the reservation.
Then you need to select the cancel option and accept the requests of the airline. Yes, if your ticket was refundable, then follow the refund instructions also.
Cancel Flights By Phone:
If you want to do changes to your Cathay Pacific reservations through a phone, then just connect to one of the customer service executives. Then, provide the six-digit ticket number and information related to your ticket. Don’t forget to ask for a refund so that the representative can further process it.
Cancel Flights To The Ticket Office:
By making a call to the travel agency, you can cancel the ticket in person. You can easily get a refund after telling them about the cancellation policy. Do tell the officials about all the changes in your itinerary.
Denial of Boarding or Cancellation:
If the airline denies your boarding or your flight, then you are entitled to compensation. But you should also know about the following circumstances if you want to be entitled to compensation.
- In case, the respective airline informs you about the cancellation 14 days before the actual scheduled departure time, then you can’t claim any compensation.
- The second case is when the airline informs you 7 to 13 days before the actual scheduled time, then that airline needs to offer you an alternate flight. But in such a situation, you need to depart no more than 2 hours and arrive at your final destination in less than 4 hours.
- The last case is when the airline informs you in less than 7 days of the original departure before about the cancellation, and then you will be offered another flight instead of the original one. Conditions attached to it are, you need to depart no more than 1 hour and arrive at the final destination in less than 2 hours.
In case of Delayed Flights:
- If the respective flight is delayed for 4 hours or more, then the passenger is also entitled to assistance.
- If you know about the delay or cancellations 30 minutes before your actual departure, then the airline will notify you about your flight status. It can be done by making announcements in the boarding gate area or through the website or contact number.
How to Request Refund
If you have purchased tickets from the Cathay Pacific websites or the Cathay Pacific app, you need to complete the online refund form.
On the other hand, if you have purchased the tickets from travel agents, please contact the travel agent for a refund.
If you want redemption tickets, please contact Asia Miles.
Cathay Pacific Refund Policy:
- You are not permitted to reuse the ticket number, once a ticket is already refunded after Cathay Pacific flight cancellation. The airline will generate a print-out with an authorization number as soon as you submit the refund request.
- The ticket will be refunded within 2 years from the ticket issued date as per Cathay Pacific’s policy. If the application is made after 2 years, then the airline will refuse to refund.
- You can claim a partial refund if you only need to do alterations in the date and time of your flight booking online.
- You can also claim for the unused values which will be refunded to the credit card.
How To Get A Refund For Canceling The Fully Partially Ticket:
In case, the transaction is made by the credit card, then it will take 7 working days.
For other forms of payments like cash, bank transfer, PayPal, it will take 20 calendar days.
How To Get The Refund For Booking Changes Made Online:
In the case of US travelers, the refund of the Online Booking Change transaction takes 7 working days.
For other passengers, it will take 20 calendar days.
Cathay Pacific Rebooking Policy:
According to Cathay Pacific, under the following conditions only, rebooking is possible:
- In case, you want to do changes in the flight or in other carriers.
- In case, Cathay Pacific changes the flight date.
- In case of extension of ticket validity.
- In case, there are alterations in the class of a ticket.
- In case, there are changes in the transfer point or arrival airport.
How to Do Cathay Pacific Rebooking Online?
You can only use this feature if you have the original tickets and the original ticket is the electronic ticket. You have to contact the reservations office for further assistance if the change booking function is not available for your itinerary.
Cathy-Pacific airline collects rebooking fees and tax differences, if applicable. Besides that rebooking fee of USD150* is applicable to Promotional Fares, Economy Save fares, Premium Economy Standard fares, and Business Save fares while a rebooking fee of USD50 is applicable to Economy standard fares.
You must note that in the case of Hong Kong, Economy Supersaver is non-rebook-able.
Note: If the date change includes a change in seasonality, there will be a fare difference from Low to High Season. No refund will be applicable for change from High to Low season.
Know more about re-booking
Facilities Provided For Delay And Cancellation:
In Case of Delayed Flights:
|1||If your flight is reasonably delayed for 4 hours or more||The airline will offer you meals and refreshments
Two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or emails.
|2||If your flight is delayed at least the day after its original scheduled departure time||Hotel accommodation
Transport between the airport and any other accommodation required.
|3||If the delay is at least 5 hours and you do not want to travel or fly||In such a case, the airline will refund your ticket at full cost.
|4||If the airline is able to offer you a different flight to your arrival destination under transport policies and does not exceed the arrival time by 4 hours or more||Compensation will be reduced by 50%
NOTE: Through travel insurance, you can easily cover the missed connections and trip delays.
- Is it possible to do changes in online bookings via a travel agent or Cathay Pacific reservations office?
At present, you can do changes in the online flight bookings only if there are electronic tickets and these are booked through Cathay Pacific website. You can also contact the Cathay Pacific reservations office for assistance if the change booking function is not available for your itinerary.
- What is the process of alterations in online bookings if I have connecting flights with other carriers?
Only if you have purchased the original Cathay Pacific tickets online, then you are allowed to make a change in flight bookings with other carrier’s connecting flights.
- Is it possible to do changes in booking online if I have done Online Check-In?
Yes, you can make changes or cancel your online check-in at Manage Booking before you change your air travel booking online.
- How can one make alterations in date and time to his/her flight bookings?
You can easily do that at cathaypacific.com via Manage Booking. A “Change Booking” button will be displayed under your flight booking after you verify your ticket for the date and time changes online.
- Is it possible to make a seat request if I change my flight booking online?
Yes, changing ticket online functions supports seat selection. By using Manage My Booking, passengers can choose seat requests.
- Is it possible to make a meal request if I change my flight booking online?
By using Manage Booking, you can choose meal requests. Through Cathay Pacific Manage my Booking – Special Meal/Services Requests, you can get more details for the same.
- Can I make date or time changes for flight bookings for another person?
Yes, you can pay for the changes for another person. The only requirement is that the credit card payment paid for a ticket must be authenticated by “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard®SecureCodeTM”.
- What time is linked to the refund for booking changes made online?
It takes around seven working days for a refund of the Online Booking ticket involved in the US sector. For others, it takes 20 calendar days.
- Air Flight Booking (11)
- Airline Reviews (16)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Business Class Flights (1)
- Canada to India Flights (6)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (11)
- Do You Know (24)
- Last Minute Flights To India (5)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (12)
- NEWS (211)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (24)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (12)
- Visa Information (4)