Qatar Airways Policy For Cancellation And Refund For Flight Tickets
Everyday a lot of flights travel to and from different destinations. Sometimes the flight is canceled or delayed due to circumstances like bad weather condition or any technical issue. An airline can cancel your flight due to the above reasons.
Other than this, in case you want to cancel the booking due to change in the travel plan you may or may not get a refund. Also at the time of flight cancellation under the control of Airways, you may get the compensation.
This is quite disappointing but don’t bother, if you know about the situation already then you will have to face fewer problems. Being a traveler you might know this problem. And don’t bother about the money you will get refund in genuine cases.
So, here we are with the full information for the cancellation policy of Qatar Airlines as mentioned below:
In any case, if a flight is canceled then the airline will inform you. Also, they will confirm your next booking before 24 hours of the departure.
Cancellation of Ticket within 24 Hours:
The cancellation of the ticket within 24 hours applies only if you have booked directly through the airline or its website. Also, you can opt for the refundable tickets; it might be a good idea to avoid the unnecessary hassles of cancellation.
- Passengers are allowed to cancel their ticket within 24 hours of booking. By this way, they don’t have to pay any charges for it.
- But in case the flight has been canceled or delayed then you can surely ask for the refund.
- Qatar Airways allow you to cancel or modify the booking to or from the US within 24 hours without any payment. But, once payment received and the ticket is issued, standard fare rules will apply.
Changing or Modifying the Booking:
- You can also change the flight or the date or airline as per your requirement. But, in this case, you will have to pay the penalty fee.
- In case you shift to a lower fare class then you will receive a credit voucher that can be used in future travel.
- Reservations can be canceled to and from the US around 1 week before departure. But, the penalty will be charged to you if canceled after 24 hours of booking.
Steps to Change or Cancel the Flight:
- You can easily cancel or modify the flight ticket online.
- To Modify the Ticket: If your flight tickets are eligible to change you can have access to change the booking in Manage Booking tab. On the Manage Booking tab of the Qatar Airways click on the “Modify Flights”. By this way, you will be able to book a new flight.
- To Cancel the Ticket: On Manage booking click the button “cancel flight” (https://www.qatarairways.com/en/refund-request.html) to cancel your flight.
Notify you in case of Delays, Cancellations, and Diversions:
The Qatar Airline will ensure that you get to your destination on time. But sometimes some unavoidable hurdles may occur. At that time, there may be changes in the flight schedule flight such as delays, cancellations or diversions.
At that moment the Airline is responsible for you to provide the most up-to-date and accurate flight status information within 30 minutes of becoming aware of such a change. The information can be announced in:
- Boarding gate area for the flight at a U.S. airport
- On the website of Qatar Airways
Otherwise, you can call on the customer care number provided on their website to ask them directly in case of any doubt.
At the time of Flight Delay:
The crew of Qatar Airways will keep you informed through on-board announcements every 30 minutes regarding:
- Status and reason for the delay
- Will notify you that they may deplane from the aircraft.
- Re-book your next flight
For a lengthy delay, the Airways will ensure the appropriate resources for the situation. They will take care of their customers by providing the following facilities:
- Essential needs; such as appropriate snacks, food and drinking water after an interval of time.
- Restroom facilities
- Medical assistance.
- They will rebook next flight for the customers or refund the ticket if you no longer want to fly.
Compensation & Claim of Flight Delay:
- For a delay of 2 hours at Departure: You’re entitled to assistance i.e drink, meal, and communications, if necessary, hotel accommodation including transport between the airport and the place of accommodation depending on the flight distance and length of delay.
- Fora delay of 3 hours at Departure: Then you are entitled to assistance and financial compensation.
- For a delay of 5 hours at Departure: If there is a delay of 5 hours or more at departure you’re entitled to a refund.
To put compensation claim due to flight delays, cancellations or over-booked:
- For claiming financial compensation, give your flight data and contact details into claim calculator on the website or app.
- Receive compensation on the behalf of one whose name is on the ticket. The airline work according to “No Win, No Fee”.
Flight Cancellation Compensation:
- Sometimes airlines can cancel your flight due to some reason at that time Qatar airways can provide you another flight without any charges.
- If you reach at your final destination with a delay of 2, 3 or 4 hours, then the compensation may be reduced by 50%.
- If the flight canceled with your choice then there will be no compensation. You will be eligible for compensation if the delay is due to technical or operational difficulties.
- But if the flight is canceled due to extraordinary reason or natural conditions then there will be no financial compensation.
Qatar Airways Refund Policy:
- If you have booked the ticket directly through Qatar Airlines then you can ask for a refund by filling the form provided on the website of the airline.
- The airline will refund the purchase price to the original form of payment after deducting any applicable service charges imposed by third parties.
- If the card is purchased through credit card, the refund request will be sent to credit card issuer within seven business days of receiving your request. Then your refund will be provided within 20 business days of receipt of your request for purchases made with cash, check or other forms of payment.
If your tickets are unutilized the full amount paid will be refunded including (tax)es after deducting the cancellation charges (if any) as per fare rules provided the fare is refundable.
For Fares which permit Refund after Departure – If applicable OW fare plus cancellation fees exceed the actual collected base fare for the journey and the base fare paid remains non-refundable.
Cancellation / Refund Scenarios – General Conditions:
If the flight tickets are non-refundable, and then no part of the Fare + YQ/YR will be refundable.
Furthermore child and infant occupying a seat will pay the same change / cancellation penalties as adult passenger.
Any change in tickets and no-show fee collected under XP in the tax field will remain as nonrefundable. Both no-show and cancellation fees will apply (if any) as per the fare rule for no-show scenarios please refer to the no-show condition.
In case a passenger is denied at check-in for not having a valid travel documents (Passport, Visa, etc.) – both cancellation and No-show fees will be collected.
|Fare Component||Cancellation Fee||No-Show fee||Total Penalty|
|O/B||USD 75||USD 100||USD 175|
|I/B||USD 50||Does not apply||USD 50|
What if the tickets are non-refundable?
When your tickets are non-refundable fare(s); unutilized coupon’s flown based tax(es) are refundable.
On the other hand, when non-refundable fare is re-issued to a refundable fare, YQ/YR will be processed as per the new fare conditions.
In this case, only the base fare of the original non-refundable ticket remains as nonrefundable.
- Air Flight Booking (11)
- Airline Reviews (16)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Business Class Flights (1)
- Canada to India Flights (6)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (11)
- Do You Know (24)
- Last Minute Flights To India (5)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (12)
- NEWS (211)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (24)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (12)
- Visa Information (4)