The season of the holiday is here and everyone is planning a vacation. Once a year, everyone goes on a trip with the family. Enjoying moments with family creates pretty moments to cherish for a lifetime. But, with fun there comes a responsibility for the parents. As much as kids love the idea of a vacation, traveling with kids can put parents on the edge with a bunch of preparations. It requires a lot of patience and preparation. You must be aware of essential things to avoid the tantrum, and unwarranted contingencies. You have to pay extra attention to the child age limit for flight ticket booking if you are planning an air trip with a certain sort or airline. That said, the child age policies may vary from airline to airline, and it is judicious to beware of the terms, and conditions.
Most people opt for air journeys to save time for a vacation. It can be expensive to book tickets for the whole family. It can be budget-wise exhaustive to pay the same price for an air ticket for a child as you would for an adult. Many airlines try to keep kids busy to make the journey comfortable, and the flight fare for kids may seem worth the entertainment capacities. Also, there are special rules mentioned by airlines to travel with kids to make things easy.
Here we’ve mentioned the child age limit to book flight tickets to India:
All infants traveling within the USA and U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico do not need a ticket but infants traveling internationally even without a seat have to purchase a separate ticket.
- Only one child can travel as a lap child.
- A separate ticket is required for children above the age of 2 years.
- The id proof is mandatory in case of domestic travel or traveling within the USA, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
- When traveling internationally, a passport or valid travel document is required.
- A limited number of complimentary bassinets are offered by the airline.
- Delta Airlines’ child policy allows children under the age of 2 years to travel with their parents or a passenger of 18 years.
- A separate ticket is required either the child will travel on the lap or in a separate seat.
- Children under the age of 2 years traveling in lap, will be charged 10% of the adult fare.
- Children under the age of 2 years traveling in their own seats will be charged at discounted ticket prices.
- Children above the age of 2 years cannot be traveled as lap
children and need to buy an additional ticket and need travel in their own seats.
- Children under the age of 2 years will be considered infants and can travel on parents’ or an adult’s lap.
- Children above the age of 2 years need to reserve a separate seat which will be available at affordable discounted rates.
- The fare for a child ticket will be around 10% of the adult fare.
- Children under the age of 5 years may not travel alone in any case.
- Infants and children must be included in the reservation.
- According to Qatar Airways’ child fare policy, an infant under the age of 2 years can travel in a parent’s lap with an extra ticket. However, if there are two infants in that case only one infant can be allowed on one adult lap and an extra seat and extra ticket will be needed for the second infant.
- If both children are above the age of 2 years then they cannot travel in lap.
- Children aged between 2 years and 5 years cannot travel alone in any case. They will be charged as per the child fare policy.
- Children above the age of 5 years can travel unaccompanied and they will be charged as per the adult fare.
- Children aged between 08 days to 23 months are considered infants.
- There will be no sitting available for infants in separate seats. They can travel sitting on their parent’s laps.
- A complimentary Bassinet can be availed on a first come first serve basis.
- If a special baby meal is required, passengers need to inform the airline 24 hours prior to the flight.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 11 will not be allowed to sit on their parent’s laps and they need to purchase additional tickets. The normal baggage rule is applicable.
Children aged between 2 years and 11 years can travel sitting in their own seats. The fare will be 75% of the adult fare for children between 2 years and 11 years.
Infants, who are under the age of 2 years, can travel sitting on their parent’s laps. A total of 10% of the adult fare will be charged for the infants’ ticket.
Indigo Airline is one of the most sought-after airlines and rightfully so. The impeccable service extended by the flight crew, state-of-the-art facilities and traveller-centric amenities are noteworthy. Here are a few key aspects you must know if you are travelling with a child, especially below the age of 5 years. The child air ticket price will also vary depending on the age of the child. Let’s take a look.
- Children under the age of 2 years are not allotted seats. Also, only a single child per adult is allowed to travel.
- Up to 2 years, a child is allowed to only travel on the lap of the adult.
- The flight charges for kids up to two years old (24 months) are around 525 *plus the government PSF of Rs. 225*.
- An air ticket for a child must be purchased even if the child is one day older than 2 years.
You are not allowed to sit in the exit row of the Indigo Airline with your child on the lap.
For the USA to India Air India travel with kids you must follow the set of rules set by the airline.
- First of all, you must carry proof of the child’s age.
- For children up to 2 years, seats will not be allotted. So you have to travel by keeping your child on your lap.
- Moreover, no more than a single child is allowed to travel with a single parent/adult. In case if more than a single child is traveling with an adult then you need to pay for the seat of each additional child.
- For an infant (0-24 months), you have to pay 10% of the adult’s fare on which additional tax will be applicable.
- For kids more than 2 years of age, air tickets are compulsory.
- You are not allowed to carry your infant or child up to 2 years old on your lap and sit close to the exit row. This airline policy is mostly administered to ensure parent, and child safety.
You can request for the bassinet during ticket booking or reconfirmation of the ticket from the reservation center of Air India.
- In SpiceJet, you have to specify clearly at the time of booking that you are going to travel with the infant. Also, you must carry proof of the age of the child.
- SpiceJet only allows babies more than 7 days old.
- Children up to 2 years are considered infants and can travel on the lap of an adult.
- No more than a single infant is allowed to travel with a single adult.
- In the cabin, Spice Jet does not allow any baby car seat or pushchair.
- Moreover, you are allowed an additional piece of hand baggage of a maximum of 7 kg with size restriction.
- For a child up to two years, flight charges for kids are not applicable. But, if you have more than a single child then you may opt to buy an additional seat. But, at the time of reservation, you have to clear these things with the members of Lufthansa.
- If the child is on your lap for the whole journey you don’t need to pay for it on a domestic journey. But, the charges may apply if you have booked the additional seat for the children.
- For international journeys, 10% of the adult fare is taken as the child air ticket price.
- For the child, even one day more than 2 years, is allowed to fly only if you have purchased the ticket.
- In most aircraft, you can also get the bassinets.
- Singapore Airlines has made many changes for a better experience with the children on the flight.
- An adult with more than a single infant has to contact Singapore Airlines to make special arrangements.
- For infants, a percentage of the adult’s fare plus some tax is taken as the fare of the infant.
- If an infant turns more than 2 years in between the journey days then you have to buy an airline ticket for the child.
- Children under the age of 15 are not allowed to sit in the exit rows.
- Singapore Airlines encourages flying with a child if he/she isn’t more than 2 years and a minimum of 7 days old.
- Request for a bassinet when you book an infant ticket, as they are allotted on a first-come, first-served basis.
1.> Does a 5 year old need a plane ticket?
ANS:- All travelers over the age of two require a purchased ticket and seat. Those younger than two may sit on an adult’s lap at no extra charge on domestic U.S. flights. For children over the age of two, some airlines offer a discounted child fare. When booking, be sure to ask about discounts.
2.> What do 5 year olds need to fly?
ANS:- TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. The companion will need acceptable identification.