Which Airlines Have The Best Premium Economy Class Seats?
Are you interested in the premium economy class? There is a number of airlines that provide the cheapest and best premium economy classes like Singapore Airlines Qantas, Qatar, Lufthansa, etc. Are you waiting in long lines to board your plane or battling with other passengers for space for your cabin baggage, then there is a solution and that is the premium economy. So, through this, you can select the best luxury seat from the best of the bunch.
What Is Premium Economy?
Premium economy is a cabin class sandwiched between economy and business class. Generally, it is available on international flights and popular short-haul domestic flights. Its benefit includes wider seats and more legroom, prioritized check-in and boarding, plus premium meals, services, and amenities.
Difference Between Economy & Premium Economy?
Yes in terms of space, there is a big difference between economy and premium economy. If you like to stretch your legs and frustrate with elbow fighting, then premium economy seats are better because it offers:
- 12-18 cm (5-7in) extra legroom space
- 3-5 cm (1-2in) extra seat-width space
- 5-7 cm (2-3in) extra seat reclining space in premium economy seats
The difference between both of them depends on the airline, but you can generally expect the following:
- More leg room
- Wider seats
- Extra inches of seat recline
- Power outlets
- Larger personal entertainment screens
- A larger selection of foods
Major US Airlines Offering Premium Economy Class Seats:
Following the US airlines are available with the seat size, aircraft, awards, upgrades and extra amenities.
|AIRCRAFT||AWARDS & UPGRADES||EXTRA AMENITIES|
|Alaska||7-18.25 in. /35-36 in.||Available on 737-800, 737-900, E175||No awards, but MVP elites eligible for upgrades.||Priority boarding, free snacks, and beverages.|
|American||19 in. /38 in.
(Main Cabin Extra 17-18 in. x 33-37 in.)
|Available on A330-200, 787-9, 777-200, 777-300ER||Awards & mileage upgrades are not available yet but should be in the future.||Priority check-in, security, boarding, baggage & meals. Minimal amenity kits.|
|Delta||18.5-19 in. /38 in.
(Delta Comfort+ 17-18 in. x 34-35 in.)
|Available on A350, 777-200 (in 2018)||Complimentary upgrades not available. Delta Diamond Medallions can use Global Upgrade Certificates.||Security, priority check-in, boarding, baggage & meals plus TUMI amenity kits & Westin blankets.|
|Hawaiian||17.3-18 in. /36-37 in.||Available on A330-200, A321neo||Not available as awards, but elite upgrades available.||Priority ground services, premium meals, and free entertainment.|
|JetBlue||17.8-18.25 in. /37 -41 in.||A320, A321, E190||TrueBlue Mosaic elites can redeem points for upgrades.||Even More, Speed expedited security and boarding.|
|United||17-18 in. /34-35 in.||All United & most United Express jets||Premier members eligible for complimentary upgrades||âTravel Optionsâ bundles that include priority boarding, checked bags and more miles.|
|Virgin America||17.7 in. /37-38 in.||A319, A320, A321||Only paid upgrades on cash or award bookings. Elevate Gold and Silver & Alaska MPVs eligible for free upgrades.||Priority security & boarding, free checked bag, entertainment and food and drink items.|
Other Airlines Have Best Premium Economy Class
Singapore Airlines is already a formidable name in the skies, but it also hits its name in the list of best premium economy airlines. Singapore airlines premium economy offer services like first class, and which is enough to make them worth for bookmarking when you looking for a flight.
- Seats: Each seat offers 96cm (38 inches) of legroom, along with the ability to recline 20cm (8in). The width of the seats lies from 18.5 to 19.5 (47-49.5cm). There is also a calf, a footrest, two USB ports, a universal power outlet, an adjustable reading lamp, and more storage space. The amenities like Wi-Fi, a 33cm (13in) high-definition entertainment monitor, and noise-canceling headphones are also available.
- Dining: There is a number of dining options are available for passengers of premium economy, the airline offers the wine or champagne, and exclusive “Book the Cook” service, where passengers can pre-order their meal before flying.
- Extra features: Its extra features include priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling.
The Qantasâ passengers of the premium economy class can get a separate, dedicated check-in counter as well as priority boarding. Its other feature includes the private cabin that is equipped with designed seats and has a multiway adjustable headrest. It is better for those who are flying in long-haul flights.
- Seats: The legroom and width measurements of Qantasâ premium economy seats are really good. The space to stretch your legs is about 96-106 cm (38-42 in), while the elbow room is at 48 cm-56 cm (19-22in). You can also recline up to 23 cm (9 in) overall. The footrest is also available. The in-flight entertainment screen has grown 25% larger and comes with noise canceling USB and power outlets are provided.
- Dining: Its modern menu is designed by Australian chef Neil Perry and there is a number of excellent domestic wines.
- Extra features: Each passenger gets a little comfort kit and a hefty 40kg baggage allowance.
Cathay Pacific has focused their premium economy class seats on legroom, and providing those tantalizing extra amenities that people crave in an upgrade.
- Seats: Cathay Pacificâs premium economy seats have 47-49 cm (18.5-19.5 in) of width, 8-40 in (96.5-101.5 cm) of legroom and can recline up to 8-9 in (20-23 cm), where you get a leg- and foot-rests. There is a large tray table and a smaller cocktail table when you don’t need the bigger one. Plus, you can look forward to a 30 cm (12 in) monitor, USB ports, power outlets, and access to Wi-Fi.
- Dining: Youâre welcomed onboard with a glass of champagne and get to choose from an upgraded menu.
- Extra features: Premium economy passengers get an additional baggage allowance of up to 35kg, either in weight or the number of pieces to check in. You also get a sweet and environmentally friendly amenity pack.
The premium economy class of Lufthansa offers the whole separate compartment for seating, which is perfect for being behind the taunting blue curtain.
- Seats: Lufthansaâs premium economy seats have around 96 cm (38 inches) of legroom, and are a generous 45-48 cm (18-19 in) in width. A footrest, a larger 30 cm (12in) monitor, and more storage space are also available.
- Dining: All meals and drinks are included, plus in this cabin class you are served your meals with china tableware and real cutlery, which have known the misery of a plastic knife and fork.
- Extra features: The passengers of the premium economy can receive priority boarding and Lufthansa Business Class Lounges. It also includes the additional baggage allowance of two checked bags up to 23kg each.
- Air Flight Booking (14)
- Airline Reviews (18)
- Airport Reviews (13)
- Business Class Travel (1)
- Canada to India Flights (10)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (16)
- Do You Know (43)
- Last Minute Flights To India (7)
- Late Night Flights (2)
- latest (19)
- NEWS (218)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Pet Travel Policies Of Top Airlines (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel India (7)
- Travel Tips (50)
- Uncategorized (1)
- US to India Flight Deals (5)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (16)
- Visa Information (4)