Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport Guide and Customer Reviews
Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) is a major airport located in the United States. It is 18 miles southwest from downtown Detroit, in Romulus, Michigan. The airport is known as one of the largest airline hub and the major connecting point between the Eastern and Western U.S.
For Delta Airlines’ operations this airport is the second-largest hub and primary gateway to Asia for the Eastern United States.
So, for your next trip of USA to India through Detroit Metro Airport we have some essential information about this airport so that you can roam there with an ease.
There are two terminals at DTW airport.
Edward H. McNamara Terminal:
It is also known as northwest World Gateway. This terminal has a total of three concourses A, B, and C basically serving for Delta and its partner airlines.
- Moreover, it consists of a total of 103 gates.
- Concourse A: 62 gates
- Concourse B & C: Total 41 gates
The north terminal hosts the D concourse with the 26 gates in total. Here are four moving walkways, two six-lane security check-points, Lufthansa club, and a federal inspection service area. There is also a pet relief area where passengers can accommodate their pets.
Airport Facilities: Various airport facilities available are:
- Currency Exchange: There are currency exchanges by Travelex at the mentioned locations:
- At McNamara Terminal near A38
- North Terminal: near D9
- Information Desk: If you want to ask something then you have to look for the volunteer in a blue vest. They will provide you the information.
- Free Wi-Fi: At the airport, you can connect your device to the free Wi-Fi that is available throughout both terminals. There is no login required to connect to it
- ATMs available: There are various ATMs available at the airport:
- At McNamara Terminal, Airside there are 12 locations available at A, B and
- At McNamara Terminal near Landside: Parking Garage, Level 6.
- At North Terminal, Landside near ticket lobby
- At North Terminal, Airside near Gate D6, Gate D17, and Gate D26
- Eateries: For food and beverages there are many fantastic options available for passengers. In North Terminal you will find Air Margaritaville, Detroit Street Cafe, and Atwater Brewery. At McNamara Terminal, the best options are Bigalora Wood-Fired Cucina, Cat Cora’s Taproom, and Illy Coffee & Fountain Bar. Also, there are vending machines available at various locations of the airport. So, you can find plenty of options according to your choice.
- Pet Relief Area: Passengers who are traveling with their pets can accommodate their pet in the pet relief area. These are located at both terminals with the sign of “Service Animal Relief Area”.
- At McNamara Terminal: International Arrivals area at Lower Level there is a pet relief area near gate A34.
- At North Terminal: Another one is at departures upper-level opposite to Gate D16.
|Delta Sky Club||Concourse A and Concourse C||Lounge membership programs|
|Michigan Freedom Center (Military Lounge)||North Terminal||Open to enlisted military, military veterans, and their families.|
|Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport (At Hotel)||McNamara Terminal||24 hours available|
|Knights Inn Romulus Detroit Metropolitan Airport||5 minutes from airport||24 hours available|
|Quality Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport||5 minutes from airport||Free airport Shuttle|
In between the two terminals passengers are provided with the free shuttle service by the airport. For the transport options to and from the airport are as follow:
- Bus: There is a bus route available to from the airport. The useful routes are 125 and 261 links downtown Detroit with both the terminals. While the route 280 links garden city and North terminal.
- Hire a Car: You can also hire a car on rent. There are various car rental agencies available onsite from where you can hire a car.
- Shuttle Service: There are many shuttle services provided by the hotels near the airport. These depart from the terminal’s Ground Transportation Center of both the terminals.
- Taxi: Also, you can hire a taxi at the airport. The service providers are airport approved so it is totally safe and 24 hours available.
P Scheller (Austria) 12th April 2019
Very friendly employees. Arriving with a rental car and a quick bus transfer at the terminal, terminal very clean with clear and easy signage, security check took a few minutes with very friendly employees – they have the time to chat with the travellers a few sentences, after security check there are some fast food restaurants and enough seats to take a rest, a very pleasant experience.
Murat Polat (Canada) 21st August 2018
It’s a very modern airport that is ready for possible extensions. The tram in the McNamara terminal makes it very easy to move in the terminal. The airport is very spacious, enough seating and plenty of restaurants and shops. There is also free WiFi that works well.
Carter Welch (United States) 23rd February 2018
DTW is the unparalleled airport success of the Midwest. The McNamara Terminal is beautiful and architecturally stunning and always clean. There are multiple TSA queues, allowing for quick terminal access, even on international departures. Food options are really strong here (any airport with a Chick-Fil-A is worthy of an award), and as far as I could tell, the shopping options were solid. Gate seating is plentiful, and DTW is a grand airport.
B Chang (United States) 4th June 2016
Detroit is one of the better airports I have experienced in the United States. The McNamara terminal is clean and well maintained. TSA wait times can vary greatly depending on time of day. Once inside, concourse A is roughly a mile long from end to end, with many shops and restaurants to check out. They actually have good food inside the terminal, such as Longhorn Steakhouse, although prices may be slightly higher than at the same restaurant outside of the airport. The Delta Sky Clubs are okay, but not necessarily worth the $50+ for a one time visit. They do have nice and clean showers, but the food they offer is not that special. It is a good place to relax, grab some snacks, and get some work done, but don’t count on being able to get a full meal there. If you ever go through Customs and Border Protection at DTW, your experience can vary greatly. DTW now supports the automated kiosk passport system, however, some officers will ask you question after question, holding up the line.
- Air Flight Booking (11)
- Airline Reviews (16)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Canada to India Flights (6)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (11)
- Do You Know (24)
- Last Minute Flights To India (5)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (11)
- NEWS (209)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (23)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (10)
- Visa Information (4)