‘6’ Recommended Places For Solo Travel In India Without Paying Enough!
There are some things in life that you want to do your own, all by yourself and at least once. If you know the right place where to go in India, then it can be pretty inexpensive for solo travelers. India is one of the most affordable destinations where you can backpack and take off without spending a lot of money.
If you want to explore the exotic temple-towns by the beach to spiritual lands in the hills or mountains, and culture of every state, then it is a perfect reason to pack your travel bag and climb those mountains or stroll by silent beaches.
So if you want to trek up that hill on your next trip to the Himalayas, or watch the sunrise by the beach on your next trip, then get ready to go. Here are places for solo travel in India whether you are traveling for the first time or regular flyer, is light your pocket and provide you the most memorable travel experiences.
This place is also known with the name of ‘Mini Switzerland of India’ which is a beautiful hill station in Chamba district, Himachal Pradesh. It is a beautiful combination of three ecosystems like a lake, pasture, and forest in one place.
- Must visit: Khajjiar Lake
- Best time to visit Khajjiar: March to October
- Khajjiar Weather: The temperature in Khajjiar goes from 4 degrees in the winters to 40 degrees in the summers.
- How to reach: You can go by air. The gaggal airport in Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh is the nearest airport at a distance of 122 km. Flights from Chandigarh, Delhi, and Kullu operate to Gaggal airport
- Where to stay in Khajjiar: There are number of budget hotels in Khajjiar, located on Khajjiar-Chamba Road. There is a number of hotels present which offer the budget accommodation for travelers. Khajjiar also has several mid-range resorts. Almost all the hotels here offer panoramic views of the snow-clad mountains. The favorite hotels amongst travelers are Deodar Manor and Hotel Devdar.
It is an important Hindu pilgrimage in the Uttar Kannada district, Karnataka. It is a tourist hotspot with lots of beaches and beautiful, peaceful beaches are always an attraction. The prices to visit this place are low.
- Must visit: Om Beach and both the Gokarna temples: Mahabaleshwar temple and Maha Ganpati temple.
- Best time to visit: Gokarna can be visited through the year but the best month to visit in
- Gokarna weather: The temperature of Gokarna falls to a minimum of 8 degrees in the winters, going up to 28 degrees in the summer.
- How to reach: The nearest airport is Dabolim airport in Goa, about 140 km away. The airport is well connected by flights to Indian and international cities. From the airport, taxi services are available.
- Where to stay: Gokarna has several accommodation options. You can find the budget, mid-range hotels and beach resorts which provide modern facilities. The beach resorts of Gokarna are considered as best for travelers like Om beach resort. Swaswara hotel is another great accommodation option.
This place is also known as the ‘Valley of Shadows’. It is best for trekking, camping, rappelling and staying in the natural sites. It is one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri range. The Sandhan valley trek is ideal if you want the best of adventure trekking in India.
- Location: It is located in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra and near the village called Samrad. Samrad village and Sandhan Valley are surrounded by Alang, Madan ad Kulang Mountains in the Sahyadri range.
- Best time to visit: You can explore this place in the mid-November to mid-February; during monsoon season, this gorge cut natural valley is inaccessible due to excessive water flow through the canyons.
- How to reach: Chattrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai is the closest airport (210 km away).
- Where to stay: This is best for open-air camping accommodation. If it is a one-day trek, then you can spend at the nearby MTDC and Anandvan resorts.
It is also called ‘Scotland of the East’. It is the capital of the gorgeous Meghalaya, located in the East Khasi Hills district, and also known by the name of the abode of the clouds.
- Must Visit: Shillong peak, Umiam Lake, Elephant falls, Mahadev Khola dam.
- Best time to visit: October
- Shillong Weather: Shillong temperatures are perfect for a vacation; it goes from a minimum of 5 degrees in winters to 17 degrees in the summers!
- How to reach: Shillong airport at Umroi connects only to Kolkata. You can get a taxi to Shillong from the airport.
- Where to stay: There are numerous boutique hotels present which offer facilities like lounge, coffee bars, pubs and conference halls to their customers. However, during peak seasons the rates may be high. Pinewood hotel Royal Heritage and Hotel Lake View Inn are some good options to check out.
It is located in Kerala and at the confluence of three rivers — Madhurapuzha, Nallathanni, and Kundaly. It is situated in the Idukki district of Kerala on the Western Ghats. It is known for its pristine beauty and pleasant climate. The major attraction of Munnar is the plantation of tea and cardamom. You can enjoy the beauty of Munnar with activities like mountain climbing, paragliding, and boating.
- Must Visit: Thattekad Bird Sanctuary, Kannan Devan Tea Museum, Rajamala Wildlife Sanctuary, Kurinjimala Sanctuary. Visit a tea plantation, and bask in the sun while on the Kerala backwaters.
- Best time to visit Munnar: October
- Munnar Weather: Temperature lies between 14 degrees to 30 degrees.
- How to reach Munnar: The Cochin International Airport is nearest airport at Nedumbassery, about 125 km away. It handles both domestic and international flights. Both AC and non AC cabs are available.
- Where to stay in Munnar: Hotels and home stays are available on the budget price. So, boking in time can allow you to live on the famous Kerala houseboats.
Hampi is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the former capital of the Vijaynagar Empire. It is located in Karnataka that includes the royal palaces, temples, and buildings. The Virupaksha temple at Hampi is of prime importance.
- Must Visit: Daroji Bear Sanctuary, Virupaksha temple, Vijaya Vittala temple, The King’s Balance, the infamous Hampi boulders.
- Best time to visit: September-December, February
- Hampi Weather: The temperature varies between 15 degrees in the winters and 30 degrees in the summer.
- How to reach Hampi: Bellary is the nearest airport that is about 60 km from Hampi. The nearest international airport is at Bengaluru, about 350 km away. Taxi services are available from both the airports.
- Where to Stay: There are many accommodation options in the city. The place has many budgets hotels, mid-range hotels, and a cottage with modern amenities. Karnataka State Tourism Department Corporation hotel is also a good option. Hotel Malligi is one of the best Hampi hotels to stay in.
- Air Flight Booking (14)
- Airline Reviews (17)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Business Class Travel (1)
- Canada to India Flights (9)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (14)
- Do You Know (34)
- Last Minute Flights To India (6)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (13)
- NEWS (213)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Pet Travel Policies Of Top Airlines (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (38)
- Uncategorized (1)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (13)
- Visa Information (4)