Calicut International Airport is also termed as Karipur Airport serving cities of Kozhikode and Malappuram in Indian state Kerala. The airport is situated 28 km from Kozhikode and 25 km from Malappuram at Karipur. It is the third-busiest airport in Kerala which was given international airport status on 2 February 2006.
- Runway: The airport has a 9,383 ft. runway with direction 10/28.
- Airlines Operating: Air India, Etihad Airways, SpiceJet, Qatar Airways, IndiGo, and Alliance Air.
- Destinations Served: Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Bahrain, Kochi, and Bangalore.
The airport has two passenger terminals:
- Domestic Terminal: It is responsible for handling domestic and regional flights within India. Mainly it is the hub for Air India, which hosts 80 and 90 flights weekly.
- International Terminal: It is responsible for all international flights.
- Information Desk: For any query, you can go to the information desk located atDomestic arrivals hall.
- Currency Exchange: Currency exchange facilities are available at International Departures as well as International Arrivals.
- Mobile Charging: In International Check-in, SHA and Arrivals area there are many mobile charging units available.
- Wi-Fi Facility: There is free Wi-Fi facility available at this airport.
- ATM: ATMs are available at this airport. Do not exceed the daily withdrawal limit to avoid the charges. Location: Domestic Departures and International Arrivals.
- Child Care: There are child care rooms available at the airport where you can enter to feed or change the clothes of the infant.Location: International Check-In Area, Domestic Check-In Area, and International Arrival Area.
- Special Assistance: People who need special assistance or are disabled can access the wheelchair service.
- Duty-FreeShops: Duty-free shops are available at the airport in International Departures and Arrivals areas.
- Food & Beverages: There is no option available for 24 hours but there are many restaurants and café open during regular business hours in both the international and domestic terminals.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers: There is no locker for luggage storage at this airport.
- Medical Facility: Those who need medical help can get theFirst-Aid services at Landside, near International Arrivals.
There are many hotels near the airport some of them are mentioned below:
- Hotel Pookodans situated 5 minutes away from the airport. Hotel Pushpak is located 15 minutes away from the airport.
- Park Residency is located 15 minutes from the airport.
There is a lounge available at the airport where you can enter by paying at the door. Passengers having a lounge membership program can also get access to the lounge. The available lounges are:
- Al-Hind Malabar Palace Executive Lounge: The lounge is located at International Terminal, Airside, on the first floor. You can enter the lounge by paying at the door which is open 24 hours.
- Bird Lounge: This lounge is located in Terminal 2, Airside, International Departures, Level 1, near Gate 1. You can enter the lounge by the Lounge membership program which is open 24 hours.
Transport Facility: There is a bus service to the airport. Also, you can hire a rental car if you need but there is no availability of free shuttle service at this airport.
1.> How many terminals are there at Calicut International Airport?
There are two terminals at Calicut International Airport; Terminal 1 is for Domestic operations and Terminal 2 is for international operations.
2.> Where is Calicut International Airport located?
The airport is located in Karipur which is 28 km from Kozhikode.