Do You Know the List of Top 5 Biggest and Busiest Airports in India?
Air travel has its own charm when all the intricacies related to the travel are being taken care of optimally. The choice of airlines, flight bookings, trip schedules, and a host of other aspects need your attention if you are eyeing for an easy, seamless, and hassle-free travel experience. Apart from these key aspects, the choice of airport has the potential to make or break your journey. In this blog, we have jotted down the top 5 airports in India that you can consider for both domestic and international travels.
Regardless of what class you are traveling to, the airport has a great significance in the travel experience. A right airport can make your journey best and a wrong decision can make the experience weird. Before booking a flight ticket to India get an idea about the location, facilities, and services available at the airport. It is better to choose the destination that suits best as per your expectations.
Here Are The Top 5 Airports of India that Are Worth To Visit:
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi:
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi:
Situated in the heart of the country, and basically the national capital, Indira Gandhi International Airport serves the city of New Delhi. Air travellers not only from in and around Delhi, Gurgaon, and nearby cities but also from all across the country prefer this airport. This can be attributed to the robust, and seamless facilities this key flying destination has to offer. It is unarguably one of the top international airports in India. It is the busiest airport in India in terms of passenger traffic and cargo. It covers around 5,106 acres of area and there are still plans to expand it for more traffic.
- Airport Location: The airport is located in Palam i.e 16 km from the main city center.
- Airport Overview: At the Airport Terminal 3, the area is spacious with beautiful interiors that feature art and graphical designs indicating Indian culture. For passenger’s comfort, there are many restaurants, cafés, food outlets, and bars.
- Other Facilities: To maximize the travel as well as the wait experiences of the passengers, there are 97 travelators, 63 elevators, 34 escalators, and eight inclined walkways that connect the international arrival and departure levels.
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai:
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the primary international airport serving the metropolitan area in Mumbai. It is the second busiest airport in India in terms of passenger traffic in India holding around 30 million passengers. The airport was declared as the “World’s Best Airport” by Airports Council International in handling more than 40 million passengers annually. It is also one of the top 5 biggest airports in India.
- Airport Location: The airport is located over 1,450 acres in the Mumbai suburbs of Santa Cruz and Sahar.
- Airport Overview: There is a world-famous GVK Lounge, which has won the ‘World’s Leading Airport Lounge-First Class 2015’. Here you can get various services like a smoking zone, food and beverage, bar, luxury spa, shower area, and a luxurious relaxation area.
- For toddlers between 2 to 12, there is a Play Area designed as an adventurous Jungle Safari at Terminal 2. So the next time you are scheduled to take a flight from Mumbai, don’t forget to let your kids indulge in the Safari-themed play area. There is also a Valet parking at the international terminal so no need to worry about parking your car.
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad:
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, one of the top 5 airports in India, serves the main city of Telangana in Southern India. It is the sixth busiest airport in India comprising one passenger terminal, a cargo terminal, and two runways. The terminal is responsible for handling 12 million passengers annually with a total of nine gates and 96 check-in desks with 19 kiosks for self-check-in.
- Airport Location: Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is located in Shamshabad, which is about 24 km south of Hyderabad.
- Airport Overview: The airport has a variety of services to assist people with Special needs including easy access ramps, Elevators, Buggy Service, Wheelchair assistance, Baby Strollers, and restrooms. There is a hotel where you can have some rest or enter the lounge.
- Other Facilities: The airport comprises a shopping area where you can buy anything you want. Also, passengers looking for something to eat can enjoy the delicacies at the food court.
Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru:
Kempegowda International Airport spread over 4,000 acres is located in the Karnataka state. The airport has a single passenger terminal that accommodates both domestic and international flights. It has the capacity of handling around 20 million passengers annually. It is also one of the busiest airports in India, and rightfully so.
- Airport Location: The airport is located in the Bangalore city in the Indian state of Karnataka.
- Airport Overview: The airport has an elegantly curved roof that offers a great visual identity to the airport. Specially designed lifts and toilets are available for disabled people who need special assistance. A total of four lounges are available at the airport where you can charge your phone while resting. Business travelers can do their work with ease due to the high-speed wi-fi facility.
- Other Facilities: There are many dining and retail shops where passengers can have their food. The seating area has been enhanced near the gate lounges where you can have rest.
Chennai International Airport:
Chennai International Airport serves the metropolitan area of Tamil Nadu city of Chennai. The airport is responsible for the 570 aircraft movements and 30,000 passengers per day. It is the fourth busiest airport in the country in terms of passenger traffic.
- Airport Location: The airport is located in Tamil Nadu city of Chennai which is 21 km from the main city center.
- Airport Overview: The airport consists of 124 check-in counters, a duty-free shopping area, self-check-in, free wi-fi, and special services to the disabled person. Those who are looking for a visit to South India would be the best option to book a flight to Chennai.
- Other Facilities: For inter-terminal transfer, there are free battery-operated vehicles available for the ease of passengers. Families can access the child care room to change the clothes of the baby or to feed them.
Before heading out for a vacation to India make sure you choose the best and nearest airport from the location so you can reach there with ease.
1.> Which is the best airport in India?
Indira Gandhi International Airport at New Delhi is the best airport in India.
2.> How many terminals are in the Chennai Airport?
At Chennai Airport, there are a total of three terminals. The international terminal is the Terminal 3 and Terminal 4 while the Terminal 1 is for domestic operations.
- Does the Indira Gandhi International Airport have COVID-testing facilities?
Yes, the International airport in Delhi hosts a 24/7 COVID testing facility, which is unarguably the need of the new normal circumstances. Apart from the COVID testing facility, passengers can also purchase Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits in addition to the ones provided by the airlines.
- Air Flight Booking (13)
- Airline Reviews (16)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Business Class Flights (1)
- Canada to India Flights (6)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (12)
- Do You Know (27)
- Last Minute Flights To India (5)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (12)
- NEWS (211)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Pet Travel Policies Of Top Airlines (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (28)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (13)
- Visa Information (4)