Regardless of what class you are traveling airport has a great significance in the travel experience. A right airport can make your journey best and a wrong decision can make the experience weird. Before booking a flight ticket to India get an idea about the location, facilities, and services available at the airport. It is better to choose the destination that suits best as per your expectations.
Here Are The Top 5 Airports of India that Are Worth To Visit:
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi:
Situated in the heart of the country, Indira Gandhi International Airport serves the city of New Delhi. It is the busiest airport in India in terms of passenger traffic and cargo. It covers around 5,106 acres of area and there are still plans to expand it for more traffic.
- Airport Location: The airport is located in Palam i.e 16 km from the main city center.
- Airport Overview: At the airport Terminal 3, the area is spacious with beautiful interiors that feature art and graphical designs indicating Indian culture. For passenger’s comfort, there are many restaurants, cafés, food outlets, and bars.
- Other Facilities: To give ease of transport for the passengers, there are 97 travelators, 63 elevators, 34 escalators and eight inclined walkways that connect the international arrival and departure levels.
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai:
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the primary international airport serving the metropolitan area in Mumbai. It is the second busiest airport in terms of passenger traffic in India holding around 30 million passengers. The airport was declared as the “World’s Best Airport” by Airports Council International in handling more than 40 million passengers annually.
- Airport Location: The airport is located over 1,450 acres in the Mumbaisuburbs of Santa Cruz and Sahar.
- Airport Overview: There is a world-famous GVK Lounge, which has won the ‘World’s Leading Airport Lounge-First Class 2015’ Here you can get various services like smoking zone, food and beverage, bar, luxury spa, shower area, and a luxurious relaxation area.
- Other Facilities: For toddlers between 2 to 12, there is a Play Area designed as an adventurous Jungle Safari at Terminal 2. There is also a Valet parking at the international terminal so no need to worry about parking your car.
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad:
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport serves the main city of Telangana in Southern India. It is the sixth busiest airport in India comprises of one passenger terminal, a cargo terminal, and two runways. The terminal is responsible for handling 12 million passengers annually with a total of nine gates and 96 check-in desks with 19 kiosks for self-check-in.
- Airport Location: Rajiv Gandhi International Airportis located in Shamshabad which is about 24 km south of Hyderabad.
- Airport Overview: The airport has a variety of services to assist people with Special needs including easy access ramps, Elevators, Buggy Service, Wheel Chair assistance, Baby Strollers, and restrooms. There is a hotel where you can have some rest or enter the lounge.
- Other Facilities: The airport comprises of a shopping area where you can buy anything you want. Also, passengers looking for something to eat can enjoy the delicacies at the food court.
Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru:
Kempegowda International Airport spread over 4,000 acres is located in the Karnataka state. The airport has a single passenger terminal that accommodates both domestic and international flights. It has the capacity of handling around 20 million passengers annually.
- Airport Location: The airport is located in the Bangalore city in the Indian state of Karnataka.
- Airport Overview: The airport has an elegantly curved roof that offers a great visual identity to the airport. Specially designed lifts and toilets are available for disabled people who need special assistance. Total of four lounges are available at the airport where you can charge your phone while having rest. Business travelers can do their work with ease due to the high-speed wi-fi facility.
- Other Facilities: There are many dining and retail shops where passengers can have their food. The seating area has been enhanced near the gate lounges where you can have rest.
Chennai International Airport:
Chennai International Airport serves the metropolitan area of Tamil Nadu city of Chennai. The airport is responsible for the 570 aircraft movements and 30,000 passengers per day. It is the fourth busiest airport in the country in terms of passenger traffic.
- Airport Location: the airport is located in Tamil Nadu city of Chennai which is 21 km from the main city center.
- Airport Overview: The airport consists of 124 check-in counters, a duty-free shopping area, self-check-in, free wi-fi, and special services to the disabled person. Those who are looking for a visit to South India it would be a best option to book a flight to Chennai.
- Other Facilities: For inter-terminal transfer, there are free battery-operated vehicles available for the ease of passengers. Families can access the child care room to change the clothes of the baby or to feed them.
Before heading out for a vacation to India make sure you choose the best and nearest airport from the location so you can reach with ease.
1.> Which is the best airport in India?
Indira Gandhi International Airport at New Delhi is the best airport in India.
2.> How much terminals are in the Chennai Airport?
At Chennai Airport, there are total three terminals. The international terminal is the Terminal 3 and Terminal 4 while the Terminal 1 is for domestic operations.