The coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected 114 countries around the world. The World Health Organization (WHO) has been assessing this outbreak and made an assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic. This outbreak is leading to unnecessary suffering and death.
Check out the latest updates:
- President Trump has restricted travel from countries of Europe to the United States for 30 days, beginning on Friday.
- There is an announcement on Wednesday to suspend the US basketball season of NBA after a Utah Jazz player tests positive for the coronavirus.
- Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks and his wife, actress Rita Wilson have tested positive for corona virus.
- Philippine finance department, Senate and Asian Development Bankwill close from Thursday for disinfecting.
- The first coronavirus case was found in Guyana, and French Polynesia and the carrier was one of French Polynesia’s members of the French National Assembly is now kept under isolation.
- There has been a slight decline in new cases of corona virus in South Korea. On Thursday, there has been a report of 114 new cases of the coronavirus and six more deaths.
- National Health Commission reported 15 new cases and 11 deaths in China which is the lowest since the outbreak began.