Singapore Airlines Will Offer Special ‘wellness Cuisine’ On World’s Longest Flight!
Singapore Airlines has revealed the special ‘wellness cuisine’ menu aimed at reducing jet lag that it is set to serve passengers when it launches the world’s longest flight later this year. From October, the carrier, which was recently named the best in the world, will start daily non-stop services of 18 hours and 45 minutes from the city-state to New York.
The journey from Changi to Newark’s Liberty International Airport will cover about 10,300 miles more than the world’s current longest flight. Now the airline has announced it has partnered with ‘wellness’ brand Canyon Ranch to develop what it described as ‘nutrition-focused’ menus to aid sleep and reduce jet lag.
And although Singapore Airlines hasn’t revealed the full food service on offer, it has unveiled a sample menu of food.
- It will include an appetiser of wild caught prawn ceviche and lavosh with fresh orange, cucumber, grapefruit, cilantro, scallions and bell peppers.
- The main course is seared chicken and zucchini pappardelle featuring pasta-cut zucchini, parmesan, braised tomatoes, lemon vinaigrette and micro basil.
- Desert will include lemon angel food cake with blueberry topping and breakfast will consist of lox eggs benedict with a whole wheat English muffin, chive cream cheese, smoked salmon, organic-egg omelette and yogurt hollandaise.
- As well as the menu, Canyon Ranch will also work with the airline to develop sleep, exercise and stretching strategies to aid breathing and reduce jetlag.
Singapore Airlines acting senior vice president of customer experience, Yeoh Phee Teik said: “SIA is firmly committed to continually elevating our customers” experience to be the number one in the industry. Our new partnership with Canyon Ranch builds on that commitment, as well as our strong legacy of service, tapping into their deep expertise and science-based recommendations and strategies to deliver an even more comfortable journey for our customers.”
When the flight launches in October, Singapore Airlines flight will use the long-range Airbus A350-900ULR, which will be configured to carry 161 passengers – 67 in business class and 94 in premium economy.
There are also plans for a non-stop route from Singapore to Los Angeles using the same plane, the airline said. The current world’s longest flight is the 17 hour 20 minute service by Qantas between Perth and London.
- Air Flight Booking (11)
- Airline Reviews (16)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Business Class Flights (1)
- Canada to India Flights (6)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (11)
- Do You Know (24)
- Last Minute Flights To India (5)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (12)
- NEWS (211)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (24)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (12)
- Visa Information (4)