Essential Detail On Delta Baggage Allowance & On Board Facilities!
One of the world’s oldest operating airlines is Delta Air Lines (DL) and covers the 13 hubs worldwide. The largest of which is located at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). The airline covers about 335 destinations worldwide throughout North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania.
Delta also has codeshare agreements with 7 other airlines. It is also a founding member of the SkyTeam alliance. Its planes include First Class, Business Class, Delta One (international Business Class), Delta Comfort+ (Premium Economy Class), Main Cabin (a form of Economy Class) or Basic Economy cabins.
Delta Baggage Allowance
The Delta Airlines baggage policy includes the Carry-on baggage, 1 personal item, 1 carry-on item, checked baggage / Hold luggage, overweight and oversize bags, sports equipment. But make sure your carry-on baggage must be fit into the overhead bin or under your seat.
Following consider the detail on Delta Baggage Policy
You can carry 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item like a purse, briefcase, and laptop bag without any charges. But carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
|No. of Bags||Max. Size||Max. weight|
|1 Carry-on Bag||45 linear inch (22 x 14 x 9 in) OR 115 cm (56 x 36 x 23 cm)||No max weight requirement for carry-on baggage, with the following exception:
· Max 7 kg – Changi International Airport.
· Maximum 10 kg (22 lbs) – South Korea.
Delta Airlines will charge you an extra fee if each bag that does not meet the above limitations. The standard checked baggage / hold luggage policy of Delta airlines is:
|No. of Bags||Max. Size||Max. weight|
|2 standard bags, up to 10 bags maximum (up to 4 bags on Delta Connection)||
62 linear inches (157 linear cm)
|50 lbs (23 kg)|
If any bags exceeding the ticketed itinerary allocation like a number of pieces, weight or size, then these may be accepted on a standby basis. And those bags that do not meet the size and weight restrictions will require special handling and additional fees.
If your bag is delayed, then notify one of airline representative. They provide you a file reference number through which you can claim about your things. If your checked bag has been delayed for more than 12 hours after being reported, then you may be eligible for a refund.
Lost Or Missing Baggage:
- If you have found that there are items missing from your bag, then please report to a representative immediately. But you must have to report within 24 hours for domestic travel and 7 days for international travel. So, complete and submit the claim form above within 30 days once you get the reference number.
- If you have lost an unchecked item while onboard, in the Delta gate area or in a Delta Sky Club within the last 7 days, then complete lost item form and get your item.
If you feel your baggage was damaged during a flight, then claim at the Delta Air Lines airport baggage office immediately after arrival. Or complete the Baggage Claim Form in “Begin Your Claim” within 24 hours for U.S. travel and 7 days for international travel.
You can carry the sports equipment like skis, golf bags, fishing equipment, hockey, and lacrosse equipment on board. But they are counted as one checked bag/hold bag. The associated fee might be applied.
Delta In-Flight Entertainment:
The airline provides the great entertainment by connecting with Delta Studio or Wi-Fi. These facilities are available on most flights. Delta also offers the other services, so that you can enjoy fresh food, delightful beverages and complementary ways to stay entertained.
You need to go to the Entertainment App to stream on your laptop (Windows 10 compatible), iPhone®, iPad®, or Android™ tablet device. The app is available in the app store. So, they recommend you download the app in advance so you can start watching quickly in the air.
The airline is now offering free mobile messaging feature so that you can stay in touch with friends, family, and colleagues while onboard. This is available on Delta Wi-Fi-enabled flights for use with iMessage. So, download these apps before you fly.
A few things to know about Free Messaging on Delta:
- It’s free because the messaging and data charges do not apply.
- Free messaging is available on all Delta Wi-Fi-enabled flights for use with apps such as iMessage, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp on smartphones.
- Words and emojis accepted. But sending photos, videos or SMS messages is not supported.
The airline has the technology and entertainment that will make your trip more enjoyable. They provide the free Wi-Fi access on board. In-Flight Wi-Fi powered by Gogo® is installed on all aircraft.
Food And Drinks:
The airline provides the fresh and onboard dining with full of flavors. Now you can look forward to exciting new tastes every time you take off because every Delta One® international menu now changes with the season. And due to that, you can enjoy menus that are featuring with fresh ingredients at their peak flavor.
The airline offers a variety of meals, like vegetarian, diabetic, low-sodium and low-cholesterol meals to comply with special dietary requirements on flights that have scheduled meal service. But you have to request for special meal at least 48 hours in advance via MyTrips Special Service Requests.
Those children, who are up to 2 years old or 24 months, are not required to have their own seat.
- Inform the airline that you are traveling with an infant on your lap.
- Those passengers who are at least 12 years of age, they can carry one child on their lap.
- Only one lap child can travel with one adult.
- A ticket has to be purchased for each additional infant if more than one infant is traveling with one adult.
- If you have proper restraint device, then you can choose to purchase a seat for your infant.
- A child 7 days- 2 years old (24 months) is usually charged 10% of an adult fare plus taxes, even if the infant is traveling on the lap.
For Unaccompanied Minors:
The children who are traveling without a parent or legal guardian are come under the as unaccompanied minors. Most airlines assist these children from their point of departure to their final destination.
- Unaccompanied service is required for all children those who are 5 -14 years old when not traveling with an adult/parent/legal guardian.
- 5-7 years old children can fly on nonstop flights only.
- 8 – 14 years old children can fly on nonstop or connecting flights.
- 15 -17 years old children are not required to have unaccompanied service. But, on request Delta will provide the services.
An unaccompanied child cannot book the last connecting flight of the evening. Unaccompanied minors are not allowed to fly on Red Eye flights those are departing between 9 pm and 5 am. Exceptions:
- Flights to or from Alaska or Hawaii
- International flight
- Domestic but short haul flights (2 hours or less, nonstop)
- Markets with only one connection and it is the last flight of the day
Pets can travel on Delta flights in the passenger cabin, as checked baggage and on the cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
- Your pet must be small so that it can easily and comfortably fit into a kennel.
- While in a boarding area, an airport lounge or onboard, pet must remain inside the kennel.
- Pets must be at least 8 weeks old.
- Under the seat of your flight, your pet must be comfortable remaining in its kennel.
- Only domesticated dogs, cats, and birds are allowed.
- You should have all necessary health documents for your pets.
- You may not carry more than one pet per journey. But, two pets of the same type may allow in one kennel.
The airlines require that kennels meet the following requirements:
- The kennel must be made out of wood, metal, rigid plastic, or material of comparable strength with solid roofs and also have wheels.
- Have functional handles on the exterior.
- Close securely, but not lock.
- Contain some type of absorbing bedding.
- Contain two dishes attached to the inside of the kennel door which must be easily accessible to Delta agents without opening the kennel door.
Above information is available with the baggage allowance and facilities that are provided to the passenger on board. So, check out the following detail to make your next flight easy and enjoyable.
Delta Airline Review
Recently I flew with Delta Airlines. They were great finding me a flight to come to Boston after my flight got canceled due to weather. They also managed to find me a limo with bostontransportationgroup.com to drive me home. I recommend Delta for all your flight needs.
I was recently on an international flight on Korean Air KE0036, a Delta co-share. I was told when it was booked over 8 months ago, I would get Delta points. This Flight was my second leg of a flight from Daytona Beach, with a return on February 28th. Even after the ticket was booked, I followed up and call Delta to checked, and was told yes since it a co-share I would get points. I also checked at the Atlanta terminal too, twice even. Once in the concourse Delta desk, and once at the international terminal, outside security during a long layover due to a cancel/delay Delta flight due to equipment issues. They also confirmed I would get MQM, MQS, or MQD. After a week in Korea, I check and noticed no MQM, MQS, or MQD, for that segment?
By G Roscoe
I flew from La Guardia to Nashville. I had accidentally booked my flight for Tuesday night, meaning to book for Monday. I have no idea how that happened and is almost still convinced it was a computer error. However, after talking to four people who said they were unable to help me, the “red coat supervisor” finally changed tickets for my boyfriend and me at no charge. It was an honest mistake of mine and, after 4 days in NYC, we were exhausted and ready to get home. Not to mention both having work the next day and no extra money for an outrageous change fee. He saved the day. Would fly Delta again just because of him.
- Air Flight Booking (14)
- Airline Reviews (17)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Business Class Travel (1)
- Canada to India Flights (9)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (14)
- Do You Know (35)
- Last Minute Flights To India (6)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (13)
- NEWS (213)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Pet Travel Policies Of Top Airlines (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (39)
- Uncategorized (1)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (13)
- Visa Information (4)