Delta Air Lines Starts Offering Bare-Bones Basic Economy Award Tickets to Frequent Flyers
- Delta Air Lines has been quietly testing offering bare-bones basic economy tickets to frequent flyers.
- Domestic basic economy tickets don’t allow passengers to make changes to their tickets or select a seat ahead of time.
- Delta is testing its offer of basic economy award tickets in select markets.
Frequent flyers who like to pick their seats may need to shell out more miles for their next award ticket.
Delta Air Lines has been quietly offering its most restrictive tickets to loyal travelers on some routes. Since last month, Delta has been offering SkyMiles members no-frills basic economy award tickets, alongside those for standard coach class and first or business class. Passengers booked in basic economy are barred from making changes to their tickets and from selecting a seat ahead of time, and also board last.
Delta is currently presenting the basic economy option on nonstop and connecting flights from Minneapolis to Phoenix and flights to and from Charleston from within the U.S. and Canada.
Delta also allows use of frequent-flyers mileage to book into its premium economy class, which it offers on certain international flights and comes with more legroom, an amenities kit and more dining options.
- Air Flight Booking (14)
- Airline Reviews (17)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Business Class Travel (1)
- Canada to India Flights (9)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (14)
- Do You Know (35)
- Last Minute Flights To India (6)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (13)
- NEWS (213)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Pet Travel Policies Of Top Airlines (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (39)
- Uncategorized (1)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (13)
- Visa Information (4)