Do You know: A Budget-Friendly Trip For Senior Citizens In Direct Flights To India
There are a lot of reasons which make citizens to avoid long airline routes. The reasons cannot be changed but some steps can be taken to make them comfortable. Try to book direct flights to India rather than connecting flights; it will reduce travel time. Another reason for avoiding long-haul flights is the higher expenses of the air-tickets. In this blog, you will get to know about the budget-friendly trip for senior citizens that are not heavy on pocket.
Senior Citizen Discounts:
As direct flights can be a little bit costly but it can be a better option for senior citizens. For direct flights to India skip the full price and start checking for flight discounts on airfare. Some of the airlines provide discounts for senior citizens on air-tickets; so try to get benefit from it. Here are the airlines offering discounts on airfare:
British airways is a world-known airline. This is one of the largest airlines in the world. If you are an AARP (American Association of Retired Person) then you can get a senior citizen discount if you are 55 or above. Book by 31st Jan 2019 and get $65* off on economy class and $200*off on business class.
Features of British Airways:
- British Airways offer economy class, premium economy class, business class and first class for its passengers. If you are fine with the ticket prices then try to book a premium economy class for the travel of senior citizens.
- British airlines provide the best and comfortable seats for its passengers.
- Besides that, you will get a generous baggage allowance in British Airways.
- Personal entertainment is also complimentary with headphones.
- You will also get a delicious meal while flying.
Qatar Airways is the next airline that can provide a budget-friendly trip to India. For senior citizens of 65 years and above, 15%* discount on business class and 10%* off on economy class.
Furthermore this offer is valid till 31st March 2020.
Features of Qatar Airways:
- The good thing about Qatar Airways is that you can adjust the seats in the way you like.
- On the other hand, if you have booked a business class for the travel of senior-citizen then you will get double bed seats.
- Older people’s eyes can’t handle that much of brightness, so you will get the feature of personalizing the lightning. You can easily change it according to your will.
Besides that, you will also get a delicious food menu in-flight.
Air India Airlines:-
Air India provides discounts on flights to India if the passenger has Indian Nationality, permanently residing in India and attained the age of 60 years on the date of commencement of the journey. But to get this discount the passenger needs to have some documents like a valid Photo ID with date of birth, Voter’s ID card, Passport, Driving license, senior citizens ID card issued by Air India, etc.
Features of Air India Airways:
- Air India provides you an improved air quality with the help of an advanced air-conditioning system.
- Besides that, you will get better food menu in the air.
- You will get bigger windows Indian airways.
- You will also get the best in-flight-entertainment options in the air.
They provide 15%* off on the base price for seniors of 60 and above. Photo ID is mandatory while traveling.
Features of SpiceJet Airways:
- In-flight services provided by SpiceJet are awesome.
- SpiceJet also provides a facility for pre-ordering meals. You are free to choose in between vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
- Sitting arrangement is also very comfortable for senior citizens.
- Besides that, you will get very generous crew members.
- You are also able to take a seat selection at a nominal fee.
The offer is applicable for those who are age 65 or over. Different offers are available for citizens depending on domestic and international flights.
Since senior discounts for each airline have different rules and age restrictions. Delta airlines provide senior offers occasionally and US airlines offer no senior discounts. While United Airlines offer discounts for seniors on some specific routes.
Features of Southwest Airways:
- Southwest airlines are very cheap and easy to travel.
- You will get all the entertainment on the palm of your hand.
- These airlines never make you late.
- Furthermore, you will get a decent staff in the air.
Where Senior Citizens Should Travel in India:-
Here are some of the hassle-free spots for senior citizens where they can reach easily. Furthermore, these places are calm, peaceful and full of heritage and art. Old people usually prefer places like this.
Kerala is the most amazing and beautiful place that you must visit in India. This place is connected to major cities via airport, railway, and roadways so you can reach here easily without any hassle. Endless greenery of Munnar parks will mesmerize your soul. You will find one of the best natural sceneries in this beautiful place. So get ready to lose your presence of mind in the fantasies of Kerala.
Climate: Maritime tropical climate (20⁰C to 35⁰C).
Cuisines: Chicken Fry, Dosa Ghee Roast, Beef Fry and Malabar Biryani.
Rajasthan is another royal place in India. It is connected with three airports: Jodhpur Airport, Jaipur International Airport, and Udaipur Airport. Also, you can reach here via roadways and railways.
Climate: Tropical dessert climate (daytime: 49⁰C, night temperature: 10⁰C).
Cuisines: Dal Bati Churma, Laal Maas,Gatte ki Khichdi, and Rajasthani Kadi.
Goa is known for its beaches especially. There are more than 50 beaches in Goa. It is connected to Goa International Airport, railway lines as well as national Highway. You must enjoy at least 3 or 4 days at this amazing place.
Climate: Tropical monsoon climate (around 18⁰C).
Cuisines: Sea Food, Bebinca, Chicken Cafreal, and Sanna.
Amritsar is close to Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport at Amritsar. It can be reached via roadways as well as railways. There are several places that you can visit in Amritsar. It includes a golden temple, Jallianwala Bagh and Akal Takht are some places to visit in Amritsar.
Climate: Semiarid Climate (-2⁰C to 50⁰C).
Cuisines: Amritsari Saag, Amritsari Kulcha, Tandoori Murg and Guru Ka Langar.
All the above-described places are friendly for visitors of all kinds. It’s not that being a senior citizen you can’t spend your holidays here. Though the number of places like this is not restricted in India. This was just a brief description. So plan your budget-friendly trip to India with above-given airlines and enjoy the travel.
- Which airlines offer discounts for seniors?
Ans: The following airlines offer a discount for senior citizens. These are:
- British Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Air India Airlines
- SpiceJet Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- What is the senior age for airlines?
Ans: Generally travellers aged more than 60 years are eligible for senior citizen discount. For some airlines, the age limit is more than 65 also.
- Are flights cheaper for seniors?
Ans: Many airlines offer regular discount fares for senior citizens. These fares are not that much restricted too. Generally, they are refundable.
- Does Air India give senior citizen discounts on international flights?
Ans: Air India gives a 50 percent discount to senior citizens. Indian citizens who are older than the age of 60 years will get a discount of as much as 50 percent on every economy class. But the ticket should be booked from the Air.
- Air Flight Booking (11)
- Airline Reviews (16)
- Airport Reviews (11)
- Business Class Flights (1)
- Canada to India Flights (6)
- Cancellation Policy (6)
- Cheap flights to india (11)
- Do You Know (24)
- Last Minute Flights To India (5)
- Late Night Flights (1)
- latest (12)
- NEWS (211)
- Non Stop Flights (1)
- Restricted Items (1)
- Travel Tips (24)
- US to India Flight Deals (4)
- USA to india business class flights (15)
- USA To India Flights (12)
- Visa Information (4)